The Brampton Brick story begins in 1871 when James Packham opened the Packham Brick Works on the east side of Brampton, south of Queen St. and the railway tracks. In 1905, with a capital stock of $50,000, the company was incorporated as Brampton Pressed Brick Company Ltd. To capitalize on an abundance of local raw materials, the company relocated to Main St. North. At the crack of the twentieth century, the engineers and work force achieved an impressive output - 2 million bricks a year. In 1905, a Four Mould Boyd Brick Press machine was used to press brick. This press was 6' in height, occupied a floor space of 8'x9', and weighed about 10 tons.
Brampton Brick Products
For a full list of products check out Brampton Brick website